Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bought a place on www.

Smile

Yesterday, I registered a domain name on www.

Day before yesterday, one of my friend told me about his website. The website’s name was on his name. I thought him to be lucky to get a domain name same as his name when his name was one of the most common names in my country. There were 3 of them in my high school class, only. I though that either he was too lucky or he just paid some extra for the domain name. Whatever the case be, it gave me some hope of finding a domain name similar to my name, if not same; after all there was only one more guy with my name in my school. If only the probability has to be considered, I stood more likely to find one provided he found one. The second good point was that it was cheaper than what I had always thought. In couple of hundred rupees you get the domain name for the entire year, and you could get to sustain it for about same amount for the subsequent years plus some service charges.

So I googled the websites that provide domain name registration and chose one of them to look if my name was already registered or not.To my awe, I got my full name available for dot com domain name. I booked it, and paid the bill. In 24 hours I got a confirmation that the domain name has been registered. So, finally I got one on www.

This is was indeed a good experience, it was analogous to buying a piece of land in real world. As we book a land, we get a fixed address. On www, now I have a place, next I need is to build the building. I think, that either I need two months of intensive learning to build it myself or I would hire someone to help me out. However, this is yet to be decided.

As of today, what I am zealous about is that I have a domain name that is equal to my full name. Whenever or whatever, I will put on there; at least, I am now sure that I do not need to compromise on domain name.

Smile

2 comments:

Anubhav Gaurav said...

could you not mention here the place address that now you owe on the www.

i tried every combination in vain!!
:(:(:(

Abhi said...

abhinavgaurav.com