Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Terrible Mistake

Yesterday, I applied for XAT 2011 but did a terrible mistake on the application form.

I had been thinking since a long time to fill the form and send to XLRI. But due to some or the other reason it was getting postponed.

November 30, was the last day, so I could not have postponed more. I came back from office after a very long day at 2 AM at Nov 30th. I finally, Read the various notification and filled the form by 5 AM.

The form is filled in two phases. Step 1 was to fill a XAT form.  This is like a registration and after registration comes Step 2. This is choosing the course you want to study. XLRI offers BM (Business Management), GMP (Graduate Management Program) and HRM (Human Resource Management) with XAT exams.

For GMP, we need to have 5 years of experience.

I did a mistake. I chose GMP instead of BM and paid for it. I realized the mistake after I paid for GMP. I tried to find a way to correct the mistake. I think XAT does not expect applicants to chose wrong option as such there was no method available on website. The number provided on website was also of no help. So the only way was to send the application as it is and send a request mail to admissions department elaborating the story.

Below is the mail I sent.

I was supposed to apply for BM instead of GMP. I realized the wrong selection after I did the payments for PA form.However, I was not allowed to change the option after that, nor was there any other method available on the website. I also tried to reach the telephone numbers (1800 102 1123  and 1800 103 1123) provided on website, but did not get a response. So, today being the last day, I have sent the form, to XAT office.

I only have 2.5 years of experience as such I am not eligible for GMP. The cost of application to BM is less than that for GMP. I do not want any refund, I just seek the change of option from GMP to BM. I am hoping, my application to GMP could be changed to BM.

Please help me get the options changed.

It was indeed a very good lesson learnt. Last day rush are not very good.

I hope XAT will empathize with my situation and have the option changed.

1 comment: